Hiya, folks! Long time, no post, I know. I have been so busy multi-tasking and trying to juggle other things of late that I totally dropped the ball on Wonder and Will. No excuses. Just recognition: I need to simplify! I have so many need to’s, should do’s and want to’s in life that I am not attending well to any of them.
So, what am I going to do about it?
Simplify! Yep! As I face the big 4-0 today, I recognize my folly of the past year. I have great goals but am so busy spinning, I rarely take steps towards actually reaching any of them.
Just what are those goals?
- To live a God-centered life; to have a vibrant, effective relationship with God, learning more about the precepts of my faith and living them daily
- to be balanced, happy and healthy; to embrace life with all it offers (even the “bad”)
- to grow in a strong, trusting, happy relationship; to let Mike know I love him and am happy I married him; to love, support, serve and communicate
- to love and guide our children, shaping them into God-centered, independent, happy people
- to provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming home; healthy, economic and tasty meals; and sound financial planning; to maintain healthy, supportive environment
Not too complicated, right? So, there seems no reason that I should get off course in moving towards them. Yet I do. Why?
As I reflect on where I set out to go when I synthesized these goals a while back as opposed to where I am today, I realize that not only do I sometimes neglect to keep my goals in mind, but also, I often fail to choose a single path at a time to step in. Instead, I spin.
I take steps in one direction, making some minor headway. Then, before I have turned a true corner, I take steps in another direction. Then another. And another… Thus, I end up moving along lots of side paths, rarely making any significant progress. And, while the little action steps I take may seem positive, by taking so many concurrently, I negate any true success in goal-achievement. Yep, just like this post is doing, I end up simply going in circles…
No more. Today, I resolve to embrace the very simple truth I have ignored too long: taking steps in ONE direction gets you a lot further a lot faster than taking them in many.
So, before I get too dizzy, it is time to stop moving in circles. It’s time to set a single course for each goal and then to choose just one of those to travel at a time.
First up, the goal: to provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming home; healthy, economic and tasty meals; and sound financial planning; to maintain healthy, supportive environment. The course I will take: continuing Order in the Home through decluttering, starting anew with Mike and my bedroom.
Ready, set, here I go…