Not much time today, so just doing a quick-think Menu Plan. But, first, I just want to say, we’ve almost done it! We’ve almost made it through a month without touching breakfast for cereal. Whoo hoo! They say it only takes about 21 days to build a habit. Wonder how long it takes to break one? Let’s hope no more than 31! (Why are we trying to break the ceral habit. I explained briefly here.)
With that in mind, here are our Breakfast Choices:
This week, we’ll be continuing our No- Cereal for Month Breakfast Challenge with a combination of Slow Cooker, Soaked grain and 15 Minutes-and-Under selections
apple slices, apple sauce, defrosted berried, canned pineapple, etc. followed by:
- Overnight Oatmeal with Toppings
- Zucchini Pancakes (soaked grain if I think ahead to adapt my recipe)
- Soaked Grain Banana-Wheat Pancakes (recipe in this post)
- Overnight Polenta with Toppings
- Scrambled Eggs and Steamed Veggies
- French Toast and Toppings
- Turkey-Cheese Roll-Ups
- Tuna-Vegetable Melts
- Homemande Yogurt with Add Ins (recipe is at the bottom of this post or printable on this one)
- Small Bites: Nuts, Cheese, Crackers, Peanut Butter, etc.
- Pasta with Cheese Sauce and Vegetables
- Grain-Vegetable Salad with Boiled Eggs
- Oven Night: Roasted Butternut Squash, Roasted Onions, Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans-Garlic-Tomato-Oil RoastBreakfast for Dinner Night: Waffle Bar (waffles, fruit sauce, syrup, honey, sliced fruit, etc.)
- Daddy Cooks Night: Scrambled Eggs, Toast, Fruit Slices and Broccoli or Pasta and Sauce with Spinach
- Asian-Inspired Night: Rice, Edamame, Miso Soup
- Italian-Inspired Night: Pasta with Topping Choices and Sides (red sauce, broccoli, olive oil, pesto, etc.)
- Fish Friday: TBD
- Build-Your-Own Night: Taco Bites with chips, tortillas, beans, sauce, vegetables, cheese, etc.
Snacks and Sides Choices: fruit, steamed vegetables, muffins(if we make them), toast, pb wraps, tortilla pizzas, yogurt, boiled eggs, raisins, nuts, dates, figs, chips, garbanzo beans, leftovers, cookies (if we make them), etc.
If you have ideas for no-cereal, whole-food, preferably meat-free breakfasts, please leave a comment and/or link. Looking for some picky toddler-friendly, protein-packed lunch nibble ideas, too. Thanks!
For others’ menu ideas, see the links at I’m an Organizing Junkie.
And, as always, remember, if you want to see related posts in this blog, do not use the category links below, but the ones listed in the right column. Thanks and have a blessed week! 🙂